MoneyGram Plus frequently asked questions
Frequently asked questions about MoneyGram's PlusTM program in Australia. Please select from the topics below to learn more about our new convenience program.
MoneyGram Plus program basics
- What does the new MoneyGram Plus program offer?
- Faster Transactions - Basic customer information is stored in the system, so you don't always need to resubmit it. It's ready for you the next time you want to send money
- Notifications - You'll be notified via email when your transaction has been picked up by the receiver
- Account Management - The program lets you view your account transaction history and manage your profile online.
- Personalized Offers - if you have "opted in," you'll receive emails with personalized, exclusive offers
- Can I still use my card?
- Will I still receive a notice when my money transfer has been picked up?
- Can I still set up an online profile?
- Can a friend or family member use my MoneyGram Plus membership?
No.If the name on the Money Transfer does not match the name on the registered card, the transaction will not go through.
- What if I lose my MoneyGram Plus card?
If you are already registered online, you can simply sign-in to MoneyGram.com.au and print a paper version of your card.
If you know your MoneyGram Plus number, you can also use that number to register online and print off a paper copy of your card.
- Why do I have to register if I'm already enrolled?
To be able to view your MoneyGram Plus transaction history and manage your profile, you will need to register online. This is true even if you have been previously enrolled in MoneyGram Plus at your local store or over the phone.
- Where do I get a MoneyGram Plus card?
You can either pick up a MoneyGram Plus information pamphlet (which includes a card) at your local MoneyGram location (where available) or you can enroll online at MoneyGram.com.au. Once you enroll online, you will be able to print off a paper version of your card.
- If I enroll online, when do I get my MoneyGram Plus card?
When enrolling online, you can print off a paper version of your card.
- How can I find my MoneyGram Plus membership number?
You can sign into your MoneyGram.com.au account to retrieve the number or call (800) 926-9400 for assistance.
- What if I have an address change?
If you change your address, contact details, or want to register for e-mails at a later date, simply go to www.MoneyGram.com.au and edit your account. It's easy. You can also update your marketing preferences while you are there. This will ensure you only receive the communications that are most relevant to you.
- What if I forget my MoneyGram Plus membership number?
You can call MoneyGram at (800) 926-9400 and a MoneyGram customer care representative will help you.
- What if I forget my password?
You can reset your password at www.MoneyGram.com.au or call (800) 926-9400.
- What is Receive Notice?
If you sign up for Receive Notice, you will receive a notification by email when your transaction is picked up. Receive Notice is not available with home delivery or bank account deposit transfers.
- How do I register for Receive Notice?
The Receive Notice offers a way for members to be notified when their recipient has picked up the money they send. Click on the "My Profile" button at www.MoneyGram.com.au and choose "YES" to Receive Notice. You will get an email from MoneyGram confirming your registration.
- Do I need to be enrolled in the MoneyGram Plus program in order to get a Receive Notice?
Yes, this is one of many benefits we offer to our loyal MoneyGram Plus customers.
- When do I get a Receive Notice?
A notification can be sent at any time. 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Certain types of MoneyGram delivery or receive mechanisms will not be eligible for notification service (for example: home delivery and bank account deposits). The Receive Notice applies to eligible money transfers consisting of person-to-person money transfer services picked up at a MoneyGram agent location, but it does not apply to money transfers originating outside Australia or any other product or service. Members are responsible for any telecommunication fees charged by their telephone or internet service provider.
- How would I stop Receive Notices if I wanted to?
To stop receiving further notifications via e-mail - sign into your MoneyGram Plus account at MoneyGram.com.au; then, under your profile, choose "NO" on Receive Notice.
- I am registered for the Receive Notice service. What if I don't get a Receive Notice after sending a money transfer?
There are a few reasons you might not get your Receive Notice in your email:
- Your email address in your profile could be incorrect. Please make sure your profile reflects your correct email address at www.MoneyGram.com.au or by calling (800) 926-9400
- A "spam filter" may be preventing you from receiving the emails
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may prevent you from receiving these emails
- Can I use a different email address for Receive Notice than Moneygram.com.eu user ID?
Yes, you can. Even if you previously registered an email address in your profile when you established your www.MoneyGram.com.eu account, you may enter a different email address for the Receive Notice.
- Do I still need to fill out forms with my information when I am sending money?
We realize your time is important! By providing your MoneyGram Plus membership number, you can enjoy faster transactions because your previous MoneyGram money transfer information is already available in our point-of-sale system. This enables our agents to speed up the transaction process.
- How can I see my MoneyGram Plus transaction history?
You can track your transaction history through your MoneyGram Plus online account at MoneyGram.com.eu.
- How does my MoneyGram Plus card make transactions faster?
Using your MoneyGram Plus card number speeds up transactions because all your information is stored securely in our computer system. Simply give the store personnel your card, or provide them with your card number, and he or she will be able to look up your information instantly. This can reduce the time to process your transaction, and your money will usually arrive at its destination within 10 minutes, depending on agent hours of operation, availability and local laws and regulations.
- How can I find more information about my account?
Log on to www.MoneyGram.com.au to view your contact information, marketing communication preferences, or your money transfer history. Your money transfer history is limited to the last 12 months. You can access your information at any time, day or night, subject to system availability.
- Where do I go if I have more questions?
Go to the MoneyGram Plus Member website at www.MoneyGram.com.au.